Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dad's in the video.



My dad is in this video. The man who sells chestnut at Petaling Street.

I've had a friend who used to tease my dad for being a hawker few years ago, and I remembered very clearly every single word he'd said. It so happen that my dad's picture appeared in a book with a title about market I think, can't really recall. And it used to bother me very much, very much to the extent that I feel ashamed about my dad's career, especially when people ask about it.

You people might think why I have the courage to post this up in my blog, telling the whole world that my dad is a hawker, is because I'm not gonna be as childish as I used to be, I don't bother what he/other people said, no more feeling ashamed, they're ALL total nonsense. Instead, I'm proud to have a dad like him. Although he's not well educated, and this is the reason why he nurtures everyone of us with care, his conservative minded to protect us, encourages us to well-equip ourselves so we wouldn't be like him.

Now, I even tell and ask me friends to buy chestnuts from him, just a way to support him. So, now u know the one u've been buying chestnuts from is my dad, at Petaling Street, who obsess with yellow color, and u can even see him wearing yellow shirt in the video. :)

11 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

your dad will always be your dad.. even though he might be a highly-paid person, we all know that his love for his family is unbeatable =)

MEIKHENG said...

thank u so much :)

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with a hawker dad who's making an honest living.


http://dead-cockroach.xanga.com

MEIKHENG said...

yea, i think so too, thanks for leaving down comments. :)appreciate it.

hcvvorld of Travels, Lifestyle and Photography said...

it's an honest living..and some hawkers earned a lot..really a lot..and no taxes paid..and dun be ashamed of your dad..your fren should be ashamed of him/herself...you should leave a$$holes like that..

MEIKHENG said...

thanks for leaving down comments btw. :)

Chui Foong said...

your dad doesn't own this business but i guess,his boss won't treat him bad as you has said he has been working there for quite some time.Hawker is not a shameful occupation.. (:Hawker's loves and appreciates their family more.. trust this.^^ my dad is a hawker too and im proud of him.

justonedishsg said...

your dad ROCKS!!!!! Everytime when I go back to KL for a holiday, it is by instinct that I go Petaling St and get some chestnut from him...

MEIKHENG said...

@chui foong: i didn't say that boss treated him badly right. haha. the boss is ur dad and it's so funny and weird that u leave comments here. lol. =)i used to think that occ is shameful, but no more babe. =)

@yann loh: oh really? u buy from my dad? thank u so much for your support. =)

Commander Spirit said...

Wow. I passed by your DAD,s stall countless of times, always trying to avoid those video peddlars. I did bought some once. Imagine, the chestnut stall has been at Petaling Street for as long as I can remember. Glad that yr DAD has a daughter who blog.

(A frequent visitor to KL fm Kuching.)

MEIKHENG said...

@commander123: support my dad! thanks for dropping down ur comments. :) u might see my one day in petaling street.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin